[Qgis-user] Locking Font Characteristics for Text Items in Print Layout

Tim Malloy tim at tgmalloy.com
Wed Nov 29 18:29:47 PST 2023

Hello all - does anyone know if there is a way to lock a text map item in QGIS Print Layout to prevent the font size and type (bold, italic, etc.) from changing over time.  I've had several situations where I created a series of maps and exported them to PDF for a client and at later needed to amend the maps and found that many of the text items (map title, date, figure number, disclaimer statement, legend text, etc.) had reverted to a default font size and type.  Having to reset all of fonts for the items can be very time consuming when you need to do it for 20 or 30 maps.  I've tried locking the text item in the Items panel in Print Layout but that seems to only prevent the text item from being moved but does not retain the font characteristics.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Tim

TGMC,llc
Tim Malloy, Principal