[Qgis-user] redesign of qgis web site

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Wed Oct 4 06:45:13 PDT 2023

I saw on mastodon something about web site redesign.

One aspect of the current site that is very good is limited third-party
resources, and no apparent tracking.   There are images loaded from
live.staticflickr.com, and it would be nice to avoid that.

In my experience redesigns often involve vast frameworks and huge
numbers of third-party loads.  I would suggest that the design have
requirements:

  no loading of resources from any site controlled by a company that
  engages in tracking users (at all, even if the site is in theory
  separate)

  if there are any analytics they are self-hosted in the qgis/osgeo
  world

  all javacript used is Free Software

  basic functionality works without javascript enabled