[Qgis-user] Cannot generate slope - how to specify MINUSERPIXELVALUE?

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at shikadi.net
Fri Oct 6 00:42:04 PDT 2023

Hi all,

Although I used the slope tool successfully a few months ago, I am
trying to run it again but it's currently failing.  It doesn't give me
any error but I was able to run the command manually and it tells me it
is missing the MINUSERPIXELVALUE option.

I logged a bug report[1] as this failure is new, but it was closed
saying I just need to specify the MINUSERPIXELVALUE option myself.

Unfortunately I can't see where in the slope tool to do this.  I go to
the Processing Toolbox, under "Raster terrain analysis", open "Slope",
select my .tif but I can't see anywhere to enter in custom values.

What am I missing, where is the option to specify MINUSERPIXELVALUE?  I
tried adding it to the end of the command manually and it both picked it
up as a parameter as well as telling me I didn't specify it (see command
output below).

Thanks,
Adam.

[1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/54848

qgis_process run native:slope --distance_units=meters --area_units=m2 --ellipsoid=EPSG:7030 --INPUT=/path/to/file.tif --Z_FACTOR=1 --OUTPUT=TEMPORARY_OUTPUT --MINUSERPIXELVALUE=1

----------------
Inputs

INPUT:  /path/to/file.tif
MINUSERPIXELVALUE:      1
OUTPUT: TEMPORARY_OUTPUT
Z_FACTOR:       1

Using ellipsoid:        EPSG:7030
Using distance unit:    meters
Using area unit:        square meters

ERROR 5: MINUSERPIXELVALUE must be specified.