[Qgis-user] Create contours algorithm does not work

Alister Hood alister.hood at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 17:03:22 PDT 2023

> Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2023 16:44:38 +0200
> From: Roland Spielhofer <rspiel at gmx.net>
> To: QGIS User <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org>
> Subject: [Qgis-user] Create contours algorithm does not work
> <trinity-9299223f-260f-4956-9a59-0adffff051d1-1696430678309 at 3c-app-gmx-bs35

> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-user/attachments/20231004/22022935/attachment-0001.htm

Hi Roland,

I note that your gdalinfo output does not include the usual "Coordinate
System is:" section after the "Size" line.
You will probably find it works as expected if you rectify this, by
specifying a projection using the "assign projection" or "translate
(convert format)" QGIS processing tools.

I tend to have the same problem when working with "Arc/Info ASCII Grid"
files produced by 12D - in this case gdalinfo prints a "Coordinate System
is:" section but it just looks like this, instead of actually having the
coordinate system details:

Coordinate System is `'

I simply use "translate (convert format)" to convert to a geotiff and
specify the correct coordinate system, and I have no problem generating
contours from that geotiff.

PS I was only able to read your email after clicking the link for the
"scrubbed" html attachment, and ignoring all the html code - see above.  If
you want everybody on the list to actually read your emails you should
configure your email client to also send plain text email instead of just
sending html email.

Regards,
Alister