[Qgis-user] setting graduated symbology for a small postgres point table crashing qgis.

damien stephens damien.stephens at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 01:41:55 PDT 2023

Hi All.
I have a point table view with around 50,000 records and 160 fields in
postgres  which loads into qgis very quickly.
the problem comes when i try to assign a graduated symbology.
no matter which Mode i use - fixed interval, jenks etc, when i hit the
classify button qgis freezes  - and had been frozen for around an hour.
this has happened with 2 different views.
anyone else seen this / have a fix.
It could be a stupid mistake on my part as i am new to using Post gres, as
trialling  it vs the current mssql setup.
thanks in advance
Damien