[Qgis-user] How to make HTML map tip size larger in QGIS 3.32

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at shikadi.net
Fri Oct 20 06:10:28 PDT 2023

> > Now, in QGIS 3.32, the map tip seems to be limited to a postage-stamp
> > sized box with scroll bars, so the image is the same size as before,
> > but now I have to scroll around and I can only see a tiny bit of the
> > photo at any one time.

> FYI, this is the MapTip template used in QGIS 3.32

> [...]
>
> The HTML code typed by the user is actually inserted in place of the '%7'
> placeholder.

Thanks for that, it helps explain what's going on.  Unfortunately it
doesn't look like I can insert my own <style/> tags to override any of
those styles, as being able to change the body width looks like it may
solve my problem.

> Note that in 3.32 the maptip WebView is at most (canvas_width/2) *
> (canvas_height/2).
> This will change in 3.34 where it will take the space available in the
> largest quadrant around the cursor.

That would be very useful!  At the moment my canvas size is around
3000x2000 pixels but the map tip is always 256x192, so the WebView in
3.32 doesn't seem to look at the canvas size at all.

Cheers,
Adam.