[Qgis-user] Qgis & photos (google street view) : Downloading photos and use its for atlas?

celati Laurent laurent.celati at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 05:34:19 PDT 2023

Good afternoon,

I am carrying out a remote sensing work (land use mapping of the Dakar
metropolitan area based on sentinel2 images classifications). In order to
compensate for the absence of a ground campaign and reference data (ground
truth), I intended to use photos that can be found on the web in order to
preserve this ground/landscape dimension. And to integrate these ground
photos into a qgis atlas composed of several item maps (1 item for Very
High Resolution Google qgis satellite data accessible via qgis plugin, 1
item map of a sentinel2 data in the dry season, 1 item sentinel map 2 in
wet season, 1 item map of the classif product Esa World Cover. For
information, I am attaching a simple screen shot of this existing atlas.
For information, the cover layer for the atlas is my polygon layer of the
areas of training/validation (reference polygons which are used in the
classification process for training and validation).

I would therefore like to be able to add map items dedicated to Google
streetview photos to this atlas. Do you know what ways there are to first
save/download Google StreetView photos? Will the uploaded photos be
geotagged/geocoded? Then, the idea would be to be able to associate one or
more Google street view photographs with each sheet/page of the atlas.

I'm probably too many ambitious. I saw that there were some qgis plugins:

go2streetview: https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/go2streetview/

streetview: https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/StreetView/

Google street view layer:https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/google …
er-master/

Up to now, I'm using the street view plugin. Not other two. Because I can't
really manage to use them. The problem seems to come from the Google API
key. Maybe I didn't do things correctly. Do you think these plugins can
help me meet my needs?

Thnaks so much for your help.