[Qgis-user] Data Privacy

Johannes Kröger (WhereGroup) johannes.kroeger at wheregroup.com
Thu Oct 12 06:30:47 PDT 2023

Afaik: If your data includes references to external URIs/URLs (like XML
documents with schemata) then there *might* be processes involved that
will try to make network requests to them. This can also happen with
GeoPackages, e.g. if styles reference external URLs. Or a VRT that uses
remote data sets. Or a .lyr file that has a remote server in it. Etc.

Am 12.10.23 um 12:57 schrieb Toby Clemett via QGIS-User:
> Good Afternoon,
>
> I have a question regarding Data Privacy:
>
> If a company or organisation decided to open locally stored sensitive
> location data within Vanilla QGIS, would the information stay on the
> user's hard drive and not be shared with QGIS or anyone else externally?
>
> Please could you also provide details on QGIS's terms and conditions
> regarding data protection?
>
> Thanks,
>
> TC

Johannes Kröger / GIS-Entwickler/-Berater

Aufwind durch Wissen!
Web-Seminare und Online-Schulungen
bei derwww.foss-academy.com

WhereGroup GmbH