[Qgis-user] using embedded symbols from pdf in field calculator

damien stephens damien.stephens at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 18:46:41 PDT 2023

Hi all. thanks in advance for your assistance.
I have a georef vector pdf  which is the only source of some polygon and
line data I can find.
When brought into QGIS the embedded symbology works as expected -
polygons fills look correct etc.
I can use the info tool and view the derived field embedded symbology and
it returns a fill value  as a hex colour.
What I would like to do is write this derived field value to a new column
in the table, so that I can then add in a legend for the colours and change
them for gorups of polygons with the same initial colour, merge with
another layer  etc.,
I cant figure out a way to expose the derived field in the expression
calculator.
does anyone have a way?
cheers
damien