[Qgis-user] Question Concerning Incorrect Color Shading in QGIS

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at shikadi.net
Wed Sep 6 06:09:36 PDT 2023

> The poverty rate layer is the only one displayed and has been assigned a
> pink gradient. Nonetheless, the map displays colors completely different
> than the gradient assigned. When I try to change the gradient to a
> different color, the displayed color changes as well but it is still
> incorrect. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix this
> issue? Thank you for your consideration.

Can you view the layer properties and look at the Symbology section,
and maybe post a screenshot of that?

QGIS has a few different places you can set a fill colour so it's
possible that one of those settings is overriding your gradient.  You
can have a look through all the settings in there and see if you can
find where the actual colour you're seeing is set, and change that to
'none'.

Also make sure you don't have any blending effects enabled (e.g. in the
"Layer rendering" section at the bottom of the Symbology page).  These
should all be set to 'normal' otherwise they can cause colour changes
when they are rendered and mixed with whatever colour is behind the
layer.

Cheers,
Adam.