[Qgis-user] action to open an HTML file with arguments

Stephen Sacks ssacks456 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 09:33:16 PDT 2023

Adam -
    Thanks for your sage advice.  Prepending file://   solves my problem
when the target HTML  file is on my desktop hard drive. The arguments
are sent and received correctly.
     I still have what turns out to be an unimportant problem when the
target  HTML file is on the web (I use a free web host, InfinityFree):
my browser (Chrome) prepends the sending file's URL and then I get
error 403 page not found.
     This turns out to be unimportant because it doesn't occur  in
QGIS:  my action
correctly sends arguments to the target HTML on my web site.
        Many thanks for your help.
             Steve