[Qgis-user] Does QGIS require units "m" for the projection coordinate variables in a netCDF/CF file?

Richard McDonnell richard.mcdonnell at opw.ie
Fri Sep 15 06:15:59 PDT 2023

Thomas,
I’m open to correction on this, but meters would generally be the default unit used in GIS, when dealing with metric datasets.
What units you use to measure on your Map Canvas or store as attribution is then a different thing.

I had a look for the EPSG codes for EASE2 but all I could get was EPSG:6931<https://epsg.io/6931>
If you look at the units there you can see meters as the UoM.
I hope that helps,

Richard.

——
Richard McDonnell MSc GIS, FME Certified Professional
FRM Data Management

——
Oifig na nOibreacha Poiblí
Office of Public Works

Sráid Jonathan Swift, Baile Átha Troim, Co na Mí, C15 NX36
Jonathan Swift Street, Trim, Co Meath, C15 NX36
——
M +353 87 688 5964 T +353 46 942 2409
https://gov.ie/opw

——
To send me files larger than 30MB, please use the link below https://filetransfer.opw.ie/filedrop/richard.mcdonnell@opw.ie

Email Disclaimer: https://www.gov.ie/en/organisation-information/439daf-email-disclaimer/

——
MSc GIS, FME Certified Professional

——
Oifig na nOibreacha Poiblí
Office of Public Works

Sráid Jonathan Swift, Baile Átha Troim, Co na Mí, C15 NX36
Jonathan Swift Street, Trim, Co Meath, C15 NX36
——
M +353 87 688 5964 T +353 46 942 2409
https://https://gov.ie/opw<https://www.opw.ie>

——