[Qgis-user] (no subject)

Emma Hain emma at north-road.com
Tue Sep 19 19:28:38 PDT 2023

Hi Mike
Perhaps these links may assist - make sure you use the temporal tools as
well!
Anita Graser's blog
<https://anitagraser.com/2016/09/24/how-to-visualize-bird-migration-data-with-qgis-timemanager/>
QGIS Tutorials in Interpolating Point Data
<https://www.qgistutorials.com/en/docs/3/interpolating_point_data.html>
And some background on Interpolation
<https://docs.qgis.org/3.28/en/docs/gentle_gis_introduction/spatial_analysis_interpolation.html>

Cheers
Em

On Wed, 13 Sept 2023 at 03:10, Michael Seear via QGIS-User <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Dear QGIS support group,
>
> I would be grateful for suggestions about plotting data points from our
> tracker study of bald eagle migration. I am far from being a computer
> expert but, thanks to Youtube, I have managed to download data from the
> main data repository (Movebank) and made simple plot maps and then a kernel
> density heat map. I have attached examples from one of the birds tagged as
> BACA03. The hottest point is the bird's nest next to the highway and the
> second hot area is the local landfill where he gets most of his food.
>
> I would prefer to plot position density as contour lines or isotherms,
> rather than depending on colour density. Does anyone know if that is
> possible in QGIS? Also, is it possible to superimpose a heat map over a
> position plot? I would, of course, be very grateful for any other
> suggestions from those who have experience plotting animal movement data.
>
> Thanks very much for any help. Best wishes,
>
> Mike Seear

Emma Hain — Product Manager/Senior GIS Analyst
emma at north-road.com / 0414 512 782
[image: https://north-road.com]
*North Road*
Cartography • Development • Spatial Analysis
*north-road.com* <http://north-road.com>
<https://twitter.com/northroadgeo>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/north-road-studios>
<https://www.facebook.com/North-Road-997236690392419/home>