[Qgis-user] (no subject)

Michael Seear mseear23 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 09:05:08 PDT 2023

Dear QGIS support group,

I would be grateful for suggestions about plotting data points from our
tracker study of bald eagle migration. I am far from being a computer
expert but, thanks to Youtube, I have managed to download data from the
main data repository (Movebank) and made simple plot maps and then a kernel
density heat map. I have attached examples from one of the birds tagged as
BACA03. The hottest point is the bird's nest next to the highway and the
second hot area is the local landfill where he gets most of his food.

I would prefer to plot position density as contour lines or isotherms,
rather than depending on colour density. Does anyone know if that is
possible in QGIS? Also, is it possible to superimpose a heat map over a
position plot? I would, of course, be very grateful for any other
suggestions from those who have experience plotting animal movement data.

Thanks very much for any help. Best wishes,

Mike Seear