[Qgis-user] Pro tips for beginners

Michael Dufty MDufty at mbsenvironmental.com.au
Wed Sep 20 23:51:51 PDT 2023

My suggestion for great features that seem to often get left out of training.

-Use view themes for all your layouts, so you can go back and edit them (and have multiple layouts in one project)
-Drag and drop layers between projects.
-Copy and paste styles between layers.
-Copy and paste objects between layer.
-Memory Layer Saver plugin is awesome (sort of feel like I shouldn't have projects consisting entirely of memory layers, but it actually works very well).

For bug reports - although you shouldn't expect it, it is surprising how quickly things often get fixed (usually by Nyall Dawson at North Road).
Certainly less likely they will get fixed if no one reports them.
Sometimes preparing a proper bug report can solve your problem and reveal it wasn't actually a bug, or at least find a workaround (last time was an issue with my profile).