[Qgis-user] Square Buffer

Michael Jabot Michael.Jabot at fredonia.edu
Sat Sep 30 11:38:57 PDT 2023

I apologize for posting what I think should be a simple task but I am
stumped.

I would like to create a 15 km square Buffer around a point for
establishing a study site.

I have used the buffer tool and set it to square and used 7.5 km as the
distance. The buffer that is created is not square but instead is a longer
on one set of sides.

Again I apologize for bothering people with this ... thank you in advance
for your help

Mike

*************************************

Michael Jabot, Ph.D.
SUNY Distinguished Professor, Science Education

US Partner - NASA GLOBE Program

NASA Earth Ambassador
Director, Institute for Research in Science Teaching

Chancellor's Award Recipient for Excellence in Research
The State University of New York at Fredonia

716.320-0189 (Google Voice)

jabot at fredonia.edu

E250 Thompson Hall
280 Central Avenue