[Qgis-user] Optimize QGIS Command_Line

Dennis Burgess dmburgess at linktechs.net
Mon Feb 5 05:46:24 PST 2024

I have two  command lines, one reads from my MSSQL database and creates a GeoPackage on the local disk.  This takes WAY too long, just to create it , it uses 5% or less CPU, and is SUPER slow. Looking for methods to speed this up.  The data is around 1.2 to 1.4 gig of pop, but it should not take 50 min to create.

Also I am doing a dissolve on this data, once its on the disk, this also takes quite a while, even though when I do it from QGIS it takes like 10 min vs an hour or more on the computer with the command line.

I'm sure I am doing something wrong on both of these. Just trying to understand what it would be.

Thanks for any assistance !

Dennis