[Qgis-user] Optimize QGIS Command_Line

Johannes Kröger (WhereGroup) johannes.kroeger at wheregroup.com
Tue Feb 6 00:01:15 PST 2024

Hey Dennis,

can you share those command lines (maybe with sensitive information
stripped)? Otherwise it is hard to guess what the issue might be.

What does your CPU, RAM and I/O utilisation look like during those long
running processes? Same for the MSSQL database server host system.

Cheers, Hannes

On 05.02.24 14:46, Dennis Burgess via QGIS-User wrote:

> I have two  command lines, one reads from my MSSQL database and
> creates a GeoPackage on the local disk. This takes WAY too long, just
> to create it , it uses 5% or less CPU, and is SUPER slow. Looking for
> methods to speed this up.  The data is around 1.2 to 1.4 gig of pop,
> but it should not take 50 min to create.
>
> Also I am doing a dissolve on this data, once its on the disk, this
> also takes quite a while, even though when I do it from QGIS it takes
> like 10 min vs an hour or more on the computer with the command line.
>
> I’m sure I am doing something wrong on both of these. Just trying to
> understand what it would be.
>
> Thanks for any assistance !
>

> Dennis

Johannes Kröger / GIS-Entwickler/-Berater

Aufwind durch Wissen!
Web-Seminare und Online-Schulungen
bei derwww.foss-academy.com

WhereGroup GmbH