[Qgis-user] Creating Wedge buffers automatically

krishna Ayyala ayyalakrishna at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 16:26:48 PST 2024

Hello,
I have a single point feature with the following attributes. I wish to
create wedge buffers automatically. I saw the "Create wedge buffers tool"
in QGIS but that does not work for me. The reason is; in that tool we have
to manually enter the azimuth, wedge width and radius. Is there a tool that
can automatically recognize the azimuth and radius (Dist) and create wedge
buffers as shown below. The reason is; I have to create wedge buffers for
50 points, each point having different azimuths. For example Point 1 has
azimuths of 0,90,180,270. Point2 has azimuts of 45,135,225,315 so on and so
forth.

[image: image.png]

I am looking to create a wedge buffer as shown below. Yellow dot is the
point feature of the above attribute table.

[image: image.png]
Regards.