[Qgis-user] Print Layout Objects don't act as Barriers

Alanna Mitchell A.Mitchell at aquafact.ie
Mon Feb 12 02:45:00 PST 2024

Dear QGIS community,

I am working on some qgis projects in print layout with points that are labelled numerically. They are very close together points from a survey, and in the print layout I am inserting a legend, scale bar and north arrow. I cannot change the placement of these - if one map has them on the top left corner, I must do so for every map. However, when I insert the legend, as part of the map (inside the map, not outside - again have to keep format) it blocks some of the points, which is fine, however the labels are still remaining, so you can see some callouts and labels without the points. It looks quite messy. Is there a was to have these objects act as barriers? So if a point appears behind it, that point won't appear unless the map is moved to include it? Thanks for any and all help.

Kind regards,
Alanna