[Qgis-user] Upgrade process from QGIS version 3.24.1 to version 3.34.3

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 16:22:17 PST 2024

Hi Christian, if you download the installer and run it, you'll get walked
through a few dialogues. Mostly agreeing to licences etc.

Your old installations are not automatically removed, you should manually
uninstall them once you're happy with the new one. You can run multiple
installations on a Windows machine though... for example, you could run
both the long term release and the latest release, in case you wanted to be
able to access both.

Perhaps worth considering whether your users need/want the latest release,
or the long term release (LTR is more stable, LR has newer functionality).
Note that there is a new LTR to be released in the very near future (see road
map <https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/roadmap.html>).

All your user settings, UI config, data source connections, etc are saved
to your user profile which will work across all installed QGIS 3 instances.

Cheers!
John