[Qgis-user] Create point vector file on Mac

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Fri Jan 5 13:11:53 PST 2024

> JOE LEMONNIER jlemonnier at mac.com
> Fri Jan 5 09:58:44 PST 2024

> When I  create a new shapefile or a geopackage layer with Point as the geometry type, I get an error message “Error: Unknown vector layer type” The layer seems to work so I’m not that worried.

Hi Joe,
it looks like the error message is very likely generated by an external
QGIS plugin ("Bunting Labs AI Vectorizer") installed in the QGIS user
profile you are using on the MacBookPro M2 system.

May you please try if the issue also occurs disabling such QGIS plugin
or using a new QGIS user profile?

Best regards.

Andrea