[Qgis-user] Amal Kar - India - Batch conversion of files for raster layer format from geotiff to idrisi, and simultaneously from a higher pixel resolution to a lower one.

Amal Kar akarcaz50 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 07:53:52 PST 2024

Dear Drs. Richard McDonnell and Andrea Giudiceandrea,
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
for the helpful suggestions.
I have been able to use "Wrap" tool for converting the files' formats and
spatial resolutions under Batch processing.
However, i now find a small difference between the batch processing through
the"Wrap" tool and the processing of individual files.
The data is in 32-bit Unsigned Integer (UInt32), which needs to be
converted first to 16-bit Signed Integer (Int16).
When i convert the files individually, the files get converted from 32-bit
to 16-bit automatically, without asking, but under the Batch Processing
through Wrap the 32-bit data is retained.
Anyway, THANKS again for the immense help.
With Best Regards,
amal kar.
-- ----------------------------

On Thu, 11 Jan 2024 at 14:55, Andrea Giudiceandrea via QGIS-User <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> > Amal Kar akarcaz50 at gmail.com
> > Thu Jan 11 00:16:21 PST 2024
>
> > I am using the batch convert utility in my QGIS (ver. 3.18; Zurich)
> within
> > the GDAL Toolbox, especially its "Translate (Convert Format)" utility
> under
> > "Raster Conversion".
> > While this utility converts all the files from .tif to .rst & .rdc very
> > quickly and accurately, it does not have any scope of changing the pixel
> > resolution
>
> Hi Amal Kar,
> the "Translate (Convert Format)" GDAL processing algorithm is based on
> the GDAL "gdal_translate" utility [1] as stated in the algorithm help
> page [2].
>
> The "gdal_translate" utility has various parameter to set the output
> resolution [3] and the resampling method [4].
>
> The "Translate (Convert Format)" algorithm exposes in the GUI only a
> subset of the "gdal_translate" utility parameters.
> Anyway you could provide additional parameters using the "Additional
> command-line parameters" algorithm parameter.
>
> Another way could be to use the "Warp (reproject)" GDAL processing
> algorithm [5] which is based on the GDAL "gdalwarp" utility and which
> exposes in the GUI the both the output resolution and the resampling
> method parameters.
>
> Best regards.
>
> Andrea
>

> [1] https://gdal.org/programs/gdal_translate.html
> [2]
>
> https://docs.qgis.org/3.28/en/docs/user_manual/processing_algs/gdal/rasterconversion.html#translate-convert-format
> [3]
> https://gdal.org/programs/gdal_translate.html#cmdoption-gdal_translate-tr
> [4]
> https://gdal.org/programs/gdal_translate.html#cmdoption-gdal_translate-r
> [5]
>
> https://docs.qgis.org/3.28/en/docs/user_manual/processing_algs/gdal/rasterprojections.html#warp-reproject

Dr. Amal Kar
Former Principal Scientist and Head, Division of Natural Resources &
Environment,
Central Arid Zone Research Institute, Jodhpur 342003, India
A-1/6, Baitalik Housing Society, KMDA Housing Complex,
Baghajatin (Near Hiland Park),
KOLKATA 700 094, India
Email: akarcaz50 at gmail.com