[Qgis-user] Amal Kar - India - Batch conversion of files for raster layer format from geotiff to idrisi, and simultaneously from a higher pixel resolution to a lower one.

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Thu Jan 11 01:25:28 PST 2024

> Amal Kar akarcaz50 at gmail.com
> Thu Jan 11 00:16:21 PST 2024

> I am using the batch convert utility in my QGIS (ver. 3.18; Zurich) within
> the GDAL Toolbox, especially its "Translate (Convert Format)" utility under
> "Raster Conversion".
> While this utility converts all the files from .tif to .rst & .rdc very
> quickly and accurately, it does not have any scope of changing the pixel
> resolution

Hi Amal Kar,
the "Translate (Convert Format)" GDAL processing algorithm is based on
the GDAL "gdal_translate" utility [1] as stated in the algorithm help
page [2].

The "gdal_translate" utility has various parameter to set the output
resolution [3] and the resampling method [4].

The "Translate (Convert Format)" algorithm exposes in the GUI only a
subset of the "gdal_translate" utility parameters.
Anyway you could provide additional parameters using the "Additional
command-line parameters" algorithm parameter.

Another way could be to use the "Warp (reproject)" GDAL processing
algorithm [5] which is based on the GDAL "gdalwarp" utility and which
exposes in the GUI the both the output resolution and the resampling
method parameters.

Best regards.

Andrea

[1] https://gdal.org/programs/gdal_translate.html