[Qgis-user] How to Change Layer coordinate fields

Alanna Mitchell A.Mitchell at aquafact.ie
Wed Jan 24 01:54:55 PST 2024

Dear group,

I have a qgis project I have been working on. It was point data uploaded as a delimited text layer, and in the excel file (.csv) I have the data in lat/long and easting/northing (irish transverse mercator) and I haven't opened it in a while, but when I did it changed one of the fields to longtidue, so now one is projecting in easting and one in longitude. I wish to alter this from the actual file, I don't want to reupload it again as I have a lot of project layouts saved that I only need to alter the symbology on and resave. I haven't been able to figure this out. In my excel file I have the coordinates, so I wish to change the column the field is derived from. Is this possible? When I hover over the layer on QGIS, I can see the file path so even if I had a way to access this and change it, I think I would manage. Thank you for any help. Kind regards.