[Qgis-user] Inquiry Regarding Hardware Requirements for QGIS

aday8300 aday83 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 02:09:47 PST 2024

Dear Subscribers,

I am interested in obtaining information regarding the minimum and
recommended hardware requirements for the QGIS software, used for spatial
data analysis.

What are the minimum and recommended hardware requirements for QGIS?

What technology does the QGIS program utilize for display and computation?
Is a single-core CPU, multiple cores, or a different setup used?

Is a graphics card used for display and computation? If so, what are the
minimum and recommended requirements?

What type of graphics card is required/recommended: OpenGL (Open Graphics
Library), NVIDIA CUDA (Compute Unified Device Architecture), or RTX (Ray
Tracing eXtensions)?

Kindly provide answers to the above questions or direct me to where I can
find this information.

Best regards,

Adam Więcko

FKE Ekoprobono