[Qgis-user] Atlas printing to PDF

Nigel Berjak - General nigel at s3.co.za
Thu Mar 7 04:33:12 PST 2024

Hi Spring

I think that, if I am understanding Emma's workflow correctly, you do
not need to recreate the entire project, only the layout part. If I have
misunderstood, I would first try loading the same project, then creating
a new layout from the template, then reincorporating all the various
settings. If this works, it would save a lot of time.

---
Regards,

Nigel Berjak

On 2024-03-07 11:20, Springfield Harrison wrote:

> Hello Emma,
>
> Thanks very much for your suggestions.
>
> Pondering your workflow suggestions, are you suggesting that I create a
> new project in a new version of QGIS by dragging the old project into a
> empty project in the new version?  Do I have that right?  The .qpt file
> is a print template?
>
> It sounds workable but time-consuming.  As it is, I'm up half the night
> just trying to get some of this work done.  I may give it a try but am
> leery of investing more time in "run the Atlas and see if it works."
>
> I do appreciate your help and will probably give it a try, all fingers
> crossed.
>
> Thanks again...
>
> --------
> Cheers, Spring
>
> On 2024-03-06 15:36, Emma Hain wrote:
>
> Hi Spring
> I am sorry you are experiencing this. I would strongly advise you to
> move up to the latest LTR of QGIS 3.36 when you can.
>
> It sounds like there are some buggy things happening in the background,
> so maybe you need a clean version.
>
> If this was me, I would follow this workflow.
>
> * Open up in the original version and create a .qpt from the print
> layout
> * Create a new product in the latest LTR
>
> * Locate the old project in the Browser window
>
> * Expand that project and drag the files into the new product.
>
> * In the print layout:
>
> * load the qpt
> * Copy over the Atlas parameters from your old product (you can have
> both versions open at the same time)
> * Run the atlas and see if it works.
>
> Good luck!
> Cheers
> Em
>
> On Sat, 2 Mar 2024 at 21:10, Springfield Harrison via QGIS-User
> <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote: Hi Nigel,
>
> Okay, note that.
>
> However, I cannot get QGIS 3.32.3 to load copies of a couple of my
> projects.  It seemed to hang up while dealing with certain files which
> then went back to the original 3.16.4 and removed.  Then it would hang
> up on a different file.
>
> In a new project, 3.32.3 will load those files but not from the
> original
> project.  Is 3.32.3 known to have problems?  It seemed to install all
> right from the Windows .MSI installer.
>
> Update: the program will actually load those files, it just takes up 10
> min. to do so.  And then there are huge delays during the work session.
> The files loaded individually into a new project with no problem.
>
> Once I finally got it working, I was able to try printing the Atlas.
> No
> change, it just prints one blank page.  No error messages, just a fail.
>
> Not sure what the answer is, I don't have the time to keep trying new
> versions when they are mostly a disappointment.
>
> Nevertheless, thanks very much for your thoughts...
>
> --------
> Cheers, Spring

> [...]

Links:
------