[Qgis-user] editing and saving very large table

Michael.Dodd michael.dodd at open.ac.uk
Mon Mar 11 04:27:34 PDT 2024

I have a very large (5 million rows) table in qgis and have sorted some of the columns etc and want to save the sorted version but whatever format I try (.csv, geopackage or other formats) it just saves the original order not the sorted order. It also will not allow me to click the button to ‘save edits’ whether or not the table is editable.  Trying to copy large chunks of the data out by highlighting it in sorted order is also very flaky – occasionally it works but most often does not.

I know a database would be more suitable for doing this but I want to know if this is possible in qgis itself or is simply impossible.