[Qgis-user] Atlas - Map series along linear object

Huesmann, Michaela michaela.huesmann at Stadt-Steinfurt.de
Tue Mar 26 03:26:47 PDT 2024

Hello,

I would like to create a series of maps using the atlas function and have already experimented and watched videos. What I'm still missing is an example of how I can create a series of maps along a linear object. E.g. a series of maps at a scale of 1:500 with sections along a street.

  1.  How to prepare the covering layer along the road?

  1.  Can I use the same layout, e.g. A3 landscape, for all partial maps and rotate the sections so that they are placed as horizontally as possible on the map frame? Then of course an automatically adjusted north arrow is also necessary.

  1.  Or is 2. not possible with rotation and I then have to choose landscape or portrait format depending on the position of the section in the north orientation? I can then probably use the coverage layer to determine the vertical or transverse extent of the section and then select the respective side orientation.

Who has experience with the atlas along a line object and can help me?

Thanks and best regards,

Michaela

[Kreisstadt Steinfurt]<http://www.steinfurt.de>

 - 48565 Steinfurt
www.steinfurt.de<http://www.steinfurt.de>

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
im Auftrag
Michaela Huesmann
Geodaten
Fachdienst Tiefbau

Tel.: +49 2552 925 219
Fax:
E-Mail: michaela.huesmann at Stadt-Steinfurt.de<mailto:michaela.huesmann at Stadt-Steinfurt.de>

Bitte denken Sie an die Umwelt, bevor Sie diese E-Mail ausdrucken.