[Qgis-user] Atlas - Map series along linear object

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 03:39:54 PDT 2024

Hi Michaela,

I once wrote the PolyStrip Plugin to create overlapping polygons along a
path and did the same you want to archieve using this created polygons (if
i remember correct I also calculated the rotation - so it was fairly easy
to use either landscape or portrait and rotate the north arrow along).

https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/polystrip/

It's just - I think I have not used this plugin since a very long time and
also did not update it recently - so I don't know if it still works - but
it could be a start for what you want to do.
I do not have an example yet (@work) but somewhere at home I should have a
project using this to create what it sounds like is what you are looking
for.
But I think you could tinker around a bit and I am sure you will soon find
a way how to use the polygons (as long as the plugin still works ;) )

Hope this helps a bit getting you started.

regards
Werner