[Qgis-user] Atlas - Map series along linear object

Emma Hain emma at north-road.com
Tue Mar 26 05:57:34 PDT 2024

Hi Michaela
re pt 2 & 3
 If you set up the scale and rotation angles as fields in the coverage
dataset for each view, this means you can use the *data defined functions*
to help control the orientation and extent of your maps. There is a bit of
back and forth between the layout and the data to get the right numbers for
both, but well worth it! The North Arrow will automatically move according
to the rotation if it is linked with the map.
Don't forget to use your *variables *as well!

Cheers
Em

On Tue, 26 Mar 2024 at 21:00, Jorge Gustavo Rocha via QGIS-User <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi Michaela,
>
> You can use the tool "points along geometry" to create the coverage layer.
> Choose the correct distance based on your 1:500 scale (to show more or less
> overlapping areas). Then create the Atlas using such points (that you can
> hide them in the output). You can play with different distances.
>
> I hope it helps,
>
> Jorge
>
> On 26/03/24 10:26, Huesmann, Michaela via QGIS-User wrote:
>
> Hello,
>

> I would like to create a series of maps using the atlas function and have
> already experimented and watched videos. What I'm still missing is an
> example of how I can create a series of maps along a linear object. E.g. a
> series of maps at a scale of 1:500 with sections along a street.
>

>    1. How to prepare the covering layer along the road?
>

>    1. Can I use the same layout, e.g. A3 landscape, for all partial maps
>    and rotate the sections so that they are placed as horizontally as possible
>    on the map frame? Then of course an automatically adjusted north arrow is
>    also necessary.
>

>    1. Or is 2. not possible with rotation and I then have to choose
>    landscape or portrait format depending on the position of the section in
>    the north orientation? I can then probably use the coverage layer to
>    determine the vertical or transverse extent of the section and then select
>    the respective side orientation.
>

> Who has experience with the atlas along a line object and can help me?
>

> Thanks and best regards,
>
> Michaela
>

> [image: Kreisstadt Steinfurt] <http://www.steinfurt.de>
>
>  - 48565 Steinfurt
> www.steinfurt.de
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
> im Auftrag
> Michaela Huesmann
> Geodaten
> Fachdienst Tiefbau
>
> Tel.: +49 2552 925 219
> Fax:
> E-Mail: michaela.huesmann at Stadt-Steinfurt.de
> Bitte denken Sie an die Umwelt, bevor Sie diese E-Mail ausdrucken.

Emma Hain — Product Manager/Senior GIS Analyst
emma at north-road.com
[image: https://north-road.com]
*North Road*
Cartography • Development • Spatial Analysis
*north-road.com* <http://north-road.com>
<https://twitter.com/northroadgeo>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/north-road-studios>
<https://www.facebook.com/North-Road-997236690392419/home>