[QGIS-ZA-user] Notes from recent meetings

Paul Young paulysa at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 12:08:47 PDT 2017

Agree. Tried to stay skilled using commercial GIS package but too
expensive. Now that this SA based QGIS group is growing am interested in
getting back into it again

On 12 April 2017 at 20:40, Carlo Fourie via qgis-za-user <
qgis-za-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi Frank
>
> Thanks for the notes and update.
> I've had some experience with QGIS and mainly use it for data capturing,
> hydrological modelling and doing some atmospheric corrections. I'm by no
> means an experienced user, but, like the other people present at the
> meeting, would like to make QGIS the definitive software to use. Less and
> less companies can afford to pay the ridiculous licencing fees of
> proprietary software - in our company there is a drive to migrate to QGIS.
>
> In any case, thanks for all the trouble and I hope this initiative
> snowballs into something beyond our wildest imagination!
>
> Kind regards
>
> Carlo Fourie
>
> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 9:07 AM, Frank Sokolic via qgis-za-user <
> qgis-za-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi QGIS ZA users,
>>
>> For those of you that weren't there, notes from the recent meetings held
>> in Cape Town and Pretoria are now on our website at
>> https://qgis.org.za/en/blog/
>>
>> Regards, Frank.
>>

> --
> *Carlo Fourie | **GIS Practitioner/**Geologist*
> *Cell: +27(0)72 376 7343 <072%20376%207343>*

Paul Young
Paul Young
Phone: +27 (0) 31 566 2608
Mobile: +27 (0) 84 247 1544/ +27 (0) 604141439
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/paulysa1969
Twitter: http://twitter.com/paulysa1969