[QGIS-ZA-user] FOSS4G 2018 Tanzania

Frank Sokolic sokolic at worldonline.co.za
Thu Apr 13 01:46:01 PDT 2017

Hi QGIS users,

Exciting news is that FOSS4G 2018 will be held in Dar es Salaam,
Tanzania, from 27 August to 2 September 2018. This is almost on our
doorstep and only the second time since Cape Town 2008 that this
conference is being held in Africa.

You can read the official announcement here: http://www.osgeo.org/node/1752

FOSS4G is THE international conference for the open source geospatial
community. I attended FOSS4G in Cape Town in 2008 and Barcelona in 2010
and loved them both. Next year I won't have to worry about the hassle of
getting a Schengen visa or the Rand-Euro exchange rate.

So, add these dates to your diary and hope to see a strong QGIS ZA User
presence in Dar es Salaam next year.

Regards, Frank.