[QGIS-ZA-user] Upcoming release of QGIS3

Gavin Fleming gavinjfleming at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 06:54:59 PST 2018

Hi Chris

To paraphrase one of recent support responses:

You have a few options:
Try the Autofields plugin
Add the field as a virtual field based on an expression (such as $length)
Use the built-in functionality once you move to QGIS 3 <https://twitter.com/northroadgeo/status/944111613526687745?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fnorth-road.com%2F2017%2F12%2F24%2F24-days-of-qgis-3-0-features%2F>
Or if you’re running on a database, you can get the DB to auto-update your field.
Gavin