[RouterGeocoder] Dual-licensing

Anton Patrushev anton.patrushev at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 23:31:03 EST 2008

Hi list,

I was thinking about how to adopt GPLed tools for proprietary
solutions and I think the answer is dual-licensing.
For example,

1. The community makes a Router/Geocoder library and grant all
copyrights to the Foundation.
2. Foundation reissues it under two licenses - GPL for using with Open
Source tools and some kind of commercial license for proprietary ones.
3. Commercial version is sold to proprietary tool developers and the
money goes to the Foundation.
4. ?????
5. PROFIT!
:)

I think it is much better than reissuing existing tools under any kind
of exotic BSD/MIT-ish license.
What do you think?

Anton.