[RouterGeocoder] Hello from pgRoute

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Feb 18 16:38:12 EST 2010

Christian Gonzalez wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>     I am Christian Gonzalez, pgRoute's developer, and I'm interesting in
> participate in OpenRouter project.  How can I do that?

Hello Christian,

We would be very interested in getting another developer involved. The
current project is at http://opengraphrouter.sourceforge.net/

Roni (Ashraf) has been work on integrating turn restrictions along the
lines of what would be needed to support Navteq's data model. I'm not
sure where Roni is with this project as I went on vacation and have not
had an update from him recently. Roni is in Bangladesh which is -13 hrs
from my TZ. I'm in TZ GMT-5 about 30 mi NW of Boston.

Do you have any specific areas of expertise and/or interest?
What was your contribution to pgRoute?
Are you experienced in C++?

You might want to start by checking out the project and looking over
that. Feel free to ask questions or contact me off list.

Best regards,
   -Stephen Woodbridge