[SAC] migrating geodata committee site, lists

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Wed Dec 13 14:54:46 EST 2006

dear Shawn, this all sounds great, thanks.

On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 02:44:07PM -0500, shawn barnes wrote:
> story but, i think i'm pretty close to having the subscriber list
> figured out....only real issue is i don't think i'll be able to migrate
> info such as passwords or differentiating a user who was  getting daily
> digests.

List admins can also help tweak if needed, and i bet list members
won't mind having to adjust their settings, after all it is in a good
cause.

> And i definitly have a preferance in not setting up virtual domains with
> mailman.

Does anyone else have a strong opinion about list domains and are
their objections to having everything under lists.osgeo.org ? That way
CN could delegate the domain now and we could start using it, oh
almost right away, right? ;)

Does anyone have thoughts about list archive search utilities /
better alternatives to pipermail? This isn't a priority, i suppose but
would be a real nice-to-have.

KK et al, you're on this list right? Do you think it will be easy to
make multiple drupal instances as little different as possible sharing
templates themes etc? I mean, there is no big rush, but i definitely
want to mess around with this in spare time between xmas and new year.

cheers,

jo