[SAC] Projects VM and WebExtra migration

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jun 16 11:37:38 EDT 2010

Folks,

As discussed at our meeting, the WebExtra VM has
been moved from osgeo4 to osgeo3 by Lance at OSU OSL.
He mentions that the system usage looks like this:

Node              DTotal  DFree MTotal MNode MFree Pinst Sinst
osgeo3.osuosl.bak 671.0G 468.7G  47.3G 30.3G 31.0G     6     0
osgeo4.osuosl.bak   1.1T 283.6G  47.3G 26.2G 34.3G     3     2

Lance has also created the projects VM as discussed, and
I have configured it to use the telascience shell authentication
group.  So anyone with login access on the telascience
xblades will also now have access on the projects VM.
But currently the sudoer's list is still the standard set of
SAC VMs.  As needed folks will need to ask an existing
sudoer to add them to the sudoers list on the VM.

The VM can be reached as:

  projects.osgeo.osuosl.org

I shall endevour to write up some information in the wiki
about the VM, and perhaps establishing some advice
about "good behavior" on the VM since many projects
will be cohabitating there.