[SAC] Projects VM and WebExtra migration

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Wed Jun 16 11:49:26 EDT 2010

On Jun 16, 2010, at 11:37 AM, ext Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Folks,
>
> As discussed at our meeting, the WebExtra VM has
> been moved from osgeo4 to osgeo3 by Lance at OSU OSL.
> He mentions that the system usage looks like this:
>
> Node              DTotal  DFree MTotal MNode MFree Pinst Sinst
> osgeo3.osuosl.bak 671.0G 468.7G  47.3G 30.3G 31.0G     6     0
> osgeo4.osuosl.bak   1.1T 283.6G  47.3G 26.2G 34.3G     3     2
>
> Lance has also created the projects VM as discussed, and
> I have configured it to use the telascience shell authentication
> group.  So anyone with login access on the telascience
> xblades will also now have access on the projects VM.
> But currently the sudoer's list is still the standard set of
> SAC VMs.  As needed folks will need to ask an existing
> sudoer to add them to the sudoers list on the VM.

I would like to try to make it so that people don't need to be
sudoers for most everyday tasks. I am currently working on setting
up the VM for projects to migrate to in a sane way without needing
to have sudo access for every task. As a result, I'd like for
projects to hold off on migrating to the projects VM until
after this weekend, if possible; if I don't get stuff done,
we can go ahead and work without this, but I'd like to take a
crack at this first.

-- Chris

> The VM can be reached as:
>
>  projects.osgeo.osuosl.org
>
> I shall endevour to write up some information in the wiki
> about the VM, and perhaps establishing some advice
> about "good behavior" on the VM since many projects
> will be cohabitating there.
>
> Best regards,
> --

Regards,