[SAC] OSGeo Budget and SAC

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Feb 6 14:00:16 EST 2012

Folks,

We prepared a budget for FY 2012 this weekend at the sprint and for SAC
it includes:

 - $3500 for OSU OSL as a token payment for the services they provide.
 - $5000 for a new server
 - money to pay for the peer1 server for half the year implying we will
   be off it by the end of June.
 - $200 for DNS name registration.

I'm afraid I just spoke up on behalf of what I thought SAC needed
without having solicited input from the broader committee.  I
appologise, but since I hadn't asked around earlier I just spoke up
from the point of view of what I thought.

Perhaps we could open a discussion around what sort of hardware
would be useful (presumably hosted at OSU OSL) for circa $5K.
I'm assuming roughly one more server sort of similar to those we
have now to move VMs around on giving us additional redundancy
and to reduce VM crowding.