[SAC] General Administration Contract (SAC)

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Mon Oct 16 13:57:20 PDT 2017

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 06:52:52PM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 6:08 PM, Martin Spott <Martin.Spott at mgras.net> wrote:
> >
> > On the other hand I know the OSGeo server infrastructure pretty well and I
> > might ask my employer to sell 50 hours of my work time at the given rate to
> > work on dedicated topics to be discussed.
> >
> > Does this sound like a reasonable idea ?
>
> (to me yes - but I'll answer only to the next question for now)

It sounds reasonable to me as well.
I'd be very happy to know you funded for OSGeo work.

> Concerning the process: bids will be collected and then SAC proposes a
> candidate to the board? Maybe this is RTFM but I don't recall right
> now.

I think SAC also decides on who will get the contract, and Board is
only contacted for paper signing. Of course this is assuming there
is availability of funds, which the Budget page doesn't confirm at
the moment as it isn't updated (Alex can you update that page?)
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC:Budget