[SAC] Meeting!

Harrison Grundy harrison.grundy at astrodoggroup.com
Tue Sep 26 19:24:34 PDT 2017

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 26, 2017, at 4:40 PM, Alex M <tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:
>
> I've been contemplating a bunch of ideas concerning meetings.
>
> Should set a fixed schedule of meetings. Perhaps alternating 2 different
> times (if there is conflict over time). As often as once a week, but at
> minimum 2x a month.
> Preferably 30 minutes.
> Agenda set before the meeting, less priority issues not covered in the
> time get bumped to the next meeting or handled by email.
>
> The key is to decide what are the meetings for, and what's best left to
> email:
> To vote on things?
> To discuss solutions?
> To debate specific proposals?
> To check in on status of subgroups/projects?
> We should work this out so we can make the best use of the time.
>
> I'm typically available PST 7-4
>
> I will not be available from Sept 30-Oct 10, not even sure I'll have
> adequate email access during that time. Don't let that prevent a meeting
> from happening.
>
> I've created a time poll to find times. Make sure to pick your timezone
> before entering information. Fill in generally when you are available.
> http://whenisgood.net/qryczcb
>
> Results can be seen at
> http://whenisgood.net/qryczcb/results/kfr7ebk
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

To me anyway, meetings seem like the time to discuss proposals and do status updates. Voting and more preliminary discussion seem to be more suited to email and messaging, respectively.

Initially, though, I'd plan for a longer discussion simply to get everyone caught up.

Twice a month sounds good to me, particularly if we could also coordinate some kind of monthly status update thing on the mailing list as well.

Harrison