[SAC] Greetings and Introduction

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Sat Feb 3 01:52:23 PST 2018

On Thu, Feb 01, 2018 at 02:17:41PM -0800, Chris Giorgi wrote:

> I am working to allow
> multiple versions of gdal and any of the libraries it depends on to coexist
> peacefully on a running system, including allowing building against any
> chosen version.

Wow, this would be such a step forward ! Good luck with it :)

> Feel free to let me know if there is anything I can do to assist the SA
> team.

I'm sure you'll easily find by yourself what needs to be done.
The issue tracker is full of open tickets, and I saw you already
started looking at them and triaging, that's of great help already !

The wiki contains information on the current infrastructure, starting
from https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC_Service_Status - asking questions
and writing answers on the wiki is another great way to help while
learning about systems at the same time.

We have a SAC meeting every 2 weeks which you can attend, last one
was yesterday, more info should be found on the wiki (improving
cross references if missing is also useful).

I'd love to figure out how to make services more responsive, as an
high level goal for OSGeo infrastructure (trac in particular is
often suffering of being extremely slow). Not sure how you could
help with that though, w/out joining SAC ufficially and thus
getting shell access. Something to consider :)