[SeasonOfDocs] reStructureText Quick Starts and References

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 01:35:50 PDT 2019

Hi Jared,

> http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/user/rst/quickstart.html  is the
> first one and takes the form of an abridged version
> of http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/user/rst/quickref.html#section-structure
>
> Both are recommended by writers who need a quick reminder of syntax.

thanks for the links.

> The only thing that grinds my gears about that is that you seem to have
> to stuff around with needless decoration to get the headings to display.
> Those folks who use writing IDEs like Atom an MS Code, are there good
> libraries that take away some of these rough edges?

I'm using Atom, but years ago I just used gedit to write rst text. One
thing that IMHO is really good in rst (and also markdown) is that the
syntax is quite linear. You just have to be aware of a few steps
(chapter, cross-references, code, links and images).

Having a small cheatsheet on the table solve almost all the problems :)

Matteo