[SeasonOfDocs] Introduction

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 05:37:36 PDT 2019

Welcome Clarence,

For those on the sidelines, Clarence has been involved in (started?) the
Lone Writers Guide [1].

Clarence, it sounds like you have plenty to contribute to our
conversation. I'm looking forward to seeing it. With regards to a github
repository, I suspect that it would make sense for us to set up our own,
but I'm open to being convinced otherwise. (I'm more interested in
bringing like minded people into a collective community.)

Cheers, Cameron

[1] https://github.com/San-Francisco-Write-The-Docs/lone-writers-guide

On 30/6/19 11:43 am, Clarence Cromwell wrote:
> Hi, everyone.
>
> I'm a technical writer for a company in San Francisco. I'm interested
> in the template-building part of this project, because I have been
> thinking about how to define the contents of certain document types
> (overviews, quickstarts, reference, etc).
>
> One of my side-projects has been reading through journal articles and
> UX research about what is necessary for certain types of content to
> work. A set of templates is a good way to do something useful with that.
>
> Write The Docs-SF has a Github repo where the project could be hosted,
> if that's needed, and we're setting up a series of Project Nights
> associated with our monthly meetups that might be useful for rounding
> up people to contribute.
>
> Thanks,
> Clarence

Cameron Shorter