[SoC] How to select Applications

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Wed Mar 21 12:30:21 EDT 2007

Here is an unofficial answer from last years experience.
We scramble to gather up students; and they still submit everything on
the last day anyways.
We spend some time ranking the applications; the highest rank you can
"give" a student is signing on to "mentor" them. I suggest we be rather
harsh so we get a good spread - last year we got everything stuck in the
middle.
Google chunks through the results and chooses how many slots we get; and
which students get placed in them.

Jody