[SoC] GSoC- Application Privacy and a Question

Catherine Liu liu.ying.cathy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 23:22:07 EDT 2010

Dear all,

I think we (as students) can use the GSoC website to edit student profile
and send our application to OSGeo directly. Here is the website I am using:
http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/student_proposal/list_orgs/google/gsoc2010.
The condition is that you have to create your student profile first. Then
select "submit your student proposal" and wait for the list of all the
organizations. Once we click on a specific organization (say OSGeo), we will
be able to edit your proposal, which can be directly sent to the
organization (Correct me if I am wrong here). Also you can choose whether or
not you want your proposal to be exposed to public by checking the box of
"make public", which I think it is a friendly way to give students' own
right to choose his/her privacy exposture.

However, I do have another question about the application for OSGeo. I have
two interests for the projects in pgRouting. One is the "Add time
constraints" (dynamic routing) and the other is my own idea of combinition
of TSP and special time requirements by the user. Is it better I include
both of the ideas in my application or do reviewers prefer only ONE project
idea?

Thanks,
Catherine Liu