[SoC] Re: Multi-modal public transit routing for pgRouting

Kishore Kumar justjkk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 16:13:40 EDT 2011

HI,
This is the fourth week's report for my project.

Things done in the fourth week:
* Tweaked the pl/pgsql prototype for non-scheduled routing to accept
GTFS formatted data.[1]
* Discussed on the list regarding the optimality of the implementation
and the problems.[2]
* Worked on the flask app:
  * generated GTFS for Chennai bus routes with frequency[3]
  * modified frontend to call non-scheduled routing function and
display results. Can be tested live here[4]
* Daniel pointed me to a very useful resource, a research report[5] of
OpenTripPlanner[6]. Reading it.

Things to be finished by next week:
* Finish reading [5].
* Start developing scheduled routing algorithm.
* Write wrappers and tests for non-scheduled routing.
* Start writing documentation for wrappers and core functions.

Roadblocks/Issues:
* The OpenTripPlanner shares the same goal as this project or bigger.
Need to discuss whether these two projects can help each other in any
way. Like the possibility of rewriting the routing engine of OTP with
pgrouting version, etc..

Thanks,
J Kishore kumar.

[1] - https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/commit/657164066784c06e6ca0d98662d7951e3b096993