[SoC] OSM cgimap GSOC 2013 report #7

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sat Aug 10 02:05:36 PDT 2013

Note: Last report was on the 26th so this report covers two week of calendar
time, but less than a week of work time due to exam time, made up by
starting on GSoC early.

What did I get done?

Cgimap:

Cgimap 0.2.0 has been deployed on api.osm.org. This includes some of the
speed improvements I've done. Most of the changes should be invisible to
users.

- Changes to allow cgimap to respond to HEAD requests (don't issue HEAD
requests against the API, it has to do just about as much work as if you did
a GET)

Integration testing

- Single-element and multi-element node and way calls are finished

Next week

/relation/#, /relations should be easy. Testing the more complicated calls
will take longer, but hope to make good progress now.

Issues

I need to figure out how to have apache send GET requests to one place and
POST/PUT/DELETE elsewhere. I've struck out reading the documentation and in
#httpd IRC and I'm not sure where to go. I'd welcome help here.

For reference, currently the API uses
http://git.openstreetmap.org/chef.git/blob/HEAD:/cookbooks/web/templates/def
ault/apache.backend.erb#l36 on the backend servers to pass calls to cgimap
and
http://git.openstreetmap.org/chef.git/blob/HEAD:/cookbooks/web/templates/def
ault/apache.frontend.erb#l165 on the frontend servers to reverse proxy the
requests to the backend.