[SoC] GSoC Weekly Report #8 - Design and implement an API for tiled vectorial support of POIProxy for gvSIG Mini

Arturo Argilés Casasús arturojargiles at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 12:09:37 PDT 2013

Hi,

this week I've started to read documentation about Android. Until know I've
been coding plain Java
code to connect to POIProxy services and a bit of Java code using the gvSIG
Mini API.

>From now I'm going to start to write the Android app itself, mainly user
interfaces.
I've been playing a bit with some of the Android API demos, to see what
kind of things I can do with the SDK. Next I've converted the project I've
been developing during the first part of the GSoC into an
Android Library and I've created another project that depends on it and
that will contain the UI.

*Problems*:
- None, but lots of documentation to read, so no much productive this week.

*Work for the next week*:
- Connect with the DescribeServices operation of POIProxy and build the UI
to select a service
Additional documentation of my project can be found here [1]

[1]
https://confluence.prodevelop.es/display/GVMN/Design+and+implement+an+API+for+tiled+vectorial+support+of+POIProxy

Regards,

Arturo